Are you looking for some fun? Anyone who owns a hoverboard must know about racing with the devices, right? and if you don’t, let’s dig into the details right here because fun is what everyone deserves once in a while.
How Fast Can Hoverboards Go?
The maximum speed of a hoverboard varies depending on the model, brand, and rider’s weight. Most hoverboards have a top speed of around 10-12 mph (16-19 km/h), but some models can reach speeds of up to 15 mph (24 km/h) or more. The hoverboard’s speed also depends on the surface it is being ridden on, as hoverboards UK tend to move faster on smooth surfaces.
Rules of Hoverboard Racing
Hoverboard racing is an exciting and competitive sport that requires skill, focus, and agility. There are different hoverboard races, but the most common format involves a track that includes curves, ramps, and obstacles. Here are some of the rules of hoverboard racing:
- Age and Weight Restrictions: Most hoverboard races have age and weight restrictions. Racers must be at least 16 years old and weigh less than 220 pounds (100 kg) to participate.
- Safety Gear: Racers must wear safety gear, including helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards.
- Race Track: The race track should be free from any obstacles or hazards that could cause accidents. The track should be wide enough to allow racers to pass each other safely.
- Starting Position: Racers must start from a designated starting position and can begin once the official race signals the start.
- Race Format: Most hoverboard races are in a knockout format, where racers compete in heats until the final winner is declared.
- Obstacles and Challenges: The race track may include obstacles such as ramps, jumps, and curves that racers must navigate.
- Overtaking and Passing: Racers must follow a code of conduct when overtaking or passing other racers. They should avoid bumping into other racers and should not cause any obstruction or danger.
- Finishing Line: The race ends when the first racer crosses the finishing line. The winner is the one who reaches the finish line first.
Where is the Race Conducted in the UK?
Hoverboard racing is a relatively new sport in the UK and has yet to be as established as other motorsports. However, there are a few locations across the UK where hoverboard races are conducted. Here are some of the places where you can find hoverboard racing events in the UK:
- TeamSport Karting: TeamSport Karting is a popular indoor go-karting and laser tag center offering hoverboard racing in some locations. They have venues in various cities, including London, Manchester, Bristol, and Brighton.
- Hoverworld: Hoverworld is an indoor hoverboard racing facility in Ashford, Kent. They offer hoverboard experiences and races for individuals, groups, and parties.
- Hoverforce: Hoverforce is an outdoor hoverboard racing center in York. They offer hoverboard experiences and races for individuals and groups.
- Hoverdays: Hoverdays is an outdoor hoverboard racing center in Cheshire. They offer hoverboard experiences and races for individuals, groups, and parties.
- Hoverboard World: Hoverboard World is an indoor hoverboard racing center in Sheffield. They offer hoverboard experiences and races for individuals, groups, and parties.
These are just a few locations where you can find hoverboard racing events in the UK. It is worth noting that the availability and frequency of hoverboard racing events may vary depending on the location and time of the year. It is best to check with the venues or event organizers for more information on upcoming races and events.
And to win the race, ensure to get your hoverboard UK from SegboTM only!
- Can hoverboards be used in the rain?
Most hoverboards are not waterproof, and using them in the rain can damage their internal components. It is best to avoid using hoverboards in wet conditions or invest in a waterproof model.
- How long does it take to charge a hoverboard?
The charging time for hoverboards varies depending on the model, battery capacity, and charger specifications. Most hoverboards take around 2-3 hours to charge fully.